Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Who's in charge here?

So the woman in charge of the sub assignments (including mine) sent me an email WEEKS ago about the fact that I'm covering an English teacher first period today due to a meeting she has to attend. But apparently another teacher is running late so she asks me to sit with her TA class until she arrives (this teacher doesn't have a first period so it's not a conflict). I'm getting my stuff together right before TA when the other school based sub sticks his head in the door. I'm confused. So is he, because he was told to go where I already was. Ummmmm... k. But he leaves when he sees I'm there.

But then I'm called away from that classroom and back to the office. So the other SBS shows up again. When I get to the office, the woman in charge (supposedly) tells me to cover a math teacher for first period. I tell her about the email she sent, and she's confused, which makes me confused, because I think I have the date wrong. So I go to the math teacher's room, and she says, "What are you doing here? You're supposed to cover Ms. L's class!" Ummmmm... k. I go back to where I was originally supposed to be to teach Englishy things. Yeesh.

Then. I go back to the office after first period and she tells me to cover for an aid starting fifth period. But I have nothing to do until then, so I get on a library computer. She comes looking for me in the library at the end of third period and tells me I'm supposed to be covering for said aid. I tell her, "You told me not until fifth period." She looks confused, but then realizes I'm right. So then she asks me to cover for the drama teacher fourth period. So I go down there.

As the students are wandering into the class, she calls and tells me a different sub is going to take my place so I can sub for the aid like I was supposed to do. Ummmmmm... k. I do, and the last three periods of the day go off without a hitch. But still.

Holy crap, woman. Get your head on straight.

However, a bright point in the day came during the ESL History class (which I have helped with before so really know the kids). The teacher had them play a game of tug-o-war with slightly different rules to mimic the conditions of the Continental Army v. the British Army during the American Revolution. The kids loved it, and really understood the parallels. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment