Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Slacking Off

Changes in scheduling make me a slacker. There was no school yesterday because it was teacher workday (to coincide with voting day). Teachers had to get their grades in since it was the end of the first quarter. Yesterday was a great day for me for a variety of reasons, but I hate breaks in the middle of the week. It makes them seem so much longer.

Anyway, today in the reading class I help with, I was testing fluency of some of the students. It was an interesting experience. I listened to how slowly and effectively kids read while marking down mistakes. They seemed completely used to it and not at all nervous. Evidently they are tested often. The passage seemed really long and may have been to high a level for them, but I am certainly no expert. I just wonder how accurate these reading tests really are.

Also today, the head of the counseling department changed my schedule a little. Instead of helping with the eighth grade reading class, I'm now helping with a seventh grade social studies class. My knowledge of late US history is pretty good, and I'm interested to see how it will fare in this class. She also took me out of helping in the counseling office and switched me to another class for that period, but when I went to that classroom today it was a different class than what she said it would be. The teacher in that classroom and myself were very confused. So I came to the library and typed this up instead of looking for another assignment. Woooooooo slacking!

But I will find something else to do in that time tomorrow, and tell the counseling head there was some sort of mix-up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment