Total Pageviews

Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF

Kind of a crazy day. It was early release, which meant the classes were shorter than usual, which meant the kids were even more riled up. Plus, the first two periods were taken up by a mini-walk for Fannie Mae's Help the Homeless. I was in charge of essentially babysitting students who stayed behind because their parents did not sign a permission slip. They were given something about homelessness to read and then answer questions. They had an hour to complete this task and most of them finished in 40-45 minutes. There was nothing else for me to give them. It was such a great use of time! (*sarcasm*)

Also, during my lunch break I hung out in the library since it was too early for me to eat during that time, and came upon this article. I feel that it's a step in the right direction. It's extremely difficult to tell, after all, exactly what direct effect teachers have upon test scores. Yet another reason the standardization movement hurts the progress of both students and teachers.

But anyway, it's been an interesting week and the kids definitely see me as an authority figure, which is, obviously, good. I feel like I am actually a part of the school community. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment