Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is it spring yet?

Oh this crazy DC weather.

The third quarter ended Thursday (hard to believe) and there was no school on Friday. To celebrate, several staff members (of which I was one) participated in a basketball game against another middle school. It was a lot of fun, doubly so because we won. And surprisingly, I was not only a starter, I got to play about half the game. And actually did pretty decently. Hooray! Then everyone went out for nachos and beer afterward. Hooray for bonding with colleagues!

Anyway, as usual I have nothing to do so far today and thus read the WaPo ed section. Great articles, including this one, arguing *against* standards. While I somewhat agree with the authors, I am all for national education standards. However, I think standardized tests are not the way to go about achieving them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this article. It is incredibly poignant and accurate. Everyone should share it with everyone they know. Maybe then this stupid "test 'em until they're dead" movement will die out.

No comments:

Post a Comment