Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gym Class, Spanish, and Math, oh my!

Yesterday and today have been rather boring, but at least I've done *something*...

Make-up school pictures were yesterday so I hung out in the gym registering students for pictures. That took the first 5-10 minutes of class... kinda dull. But again, at least it was something. And interestingly, there were more sixth graders who showed up than 7th or 8th graders. Not sure why.

Today I filled in for a Spanish teacher until the sub showed up right at the end of first period. There were no lesson plans so it was kind of fun (read: frustrating) doing things on the fly. I called the office to see if she had left the sub plans there and 10 minutes later a secretary appears with movies. I play one called "A Day in the Life of a Mexican Family" but it started in the middle (oops). I had them answer two question (hooray for coming up with things to do in 2 minutes!) but they had 15 minutes left of class. Hmmm... I asked them to work on whatever they had to do quietly. They were actually quite well behaved.

Then I taught a sped math class today. There were only three students. It was pretty easy, and the kids did what they were supposed to do. So today worked pretty well for me.

And believe it or not, I'm not posting an outside article. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment