Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sounds like...

Teaching certainly requires some acting. I was running around like crazy yesterday, because they were actually short-staffed. But when I got to my regular placement (the ESL class), I had to pretend I wasn't feeling harried. And at the end of the day, I had to sub for the drama teacher's last period for an emergency and since I actually know something about drama, that was no problem. She told me we could just play games, and they wanted to play Charades, so we did. It was rather fun.

Today, however, I've been subbing for the Spanish teacher all day. All her directions are written in Spanish. I know very little Spanish. I have been pretty useless about answering questions, etc., and when they've completed their work, I need to hurry to find them something else to do. However, I still need to maintain the air of being an authority figure and look like I know what I'm doing. I can do that pretty easily, thankfully, but again, I have to make it look easy. That's something on which I'm still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment