Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One more day!

Even though one of the mottoes of this school is "Learn many things," little of that goes on in the last week of school. I was subbing for a teacher today and her instructions to me were "They can play games, talk, do whatever." Really? You're not even going to attempt to teach them anything? Another room I walked by was playing SpongeBob on the TV.

On one hand, I can't say I blame them. Grades are turned in, students have checked out, everyone (students & teachers) just want to be done. But if that's the case, why is there still school? It's just a waste of time and money at this point. In fact, I even considered not coming into work tomorrow (the last day) because what will I have to do? But then I justified it because I would be paid for it. That's really a stupid reason.

Here is, probably, the last article of the year. I feel like it is an extremely accurate portrayal of what is wrong with DC school policy, and why what people are doing to fix it goes against everything education stands for.

And on that positive note... I want school to be over too.

No comments:

Post a Comment