Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wishing for Spring

I didn't post last week for a couple reasons. First, I was out sick Monday and Tuesday, and the days I was actually here, I was doing something the entire time! It was amazing! But also, nothing really of import happened, so there was no point in posting.

Today I am subbing for the drama teacher, and she had just finished a project with her eighth graders, so she wanted them to read scenes to prepare two-person performances. I tell you, getting sixteen fourteen-year-olds to focus on a four page script is ridiculously difficult. Sometimes I feel like I'm teaching kindergarten.

And I'm back with more ed reform news (surprise, surprise). Although what is surprising is that it's not by Strauss. This article talks about class size and puts an interesting spin on the issue and makes us think more about budget, academic achievement, and the societal microcosm that is education.

No comments:

Post a Comment