Total Pageviews

Monday, September 3, 2012

Send 'em in!

The students, that is. School starts tomorrow for realz and I'm so excited. I'm like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. Sure, I don't feel 100% ready -- there are a couple more things I wanted to put up in my room but didn't have time; I'm still working out the kinks in a few lesson plans -- but overall I'm looking really forward to the school year. I have all sophomores this year, which is a great age group, and I don't have to deal with any senioritis or the bureaucracy of senior discipline. I'm also teaching one advance class, which I'm really looking forward to.

And about those goals I had earlier... The first two didn't really happen and I'm pretty close to the last one (lesson planning months in advance), but I quickly realized that so much of lesson planning depends on the specific personalities and pacing of each class. So I kind of stopped when I got to Thanksgiving, which gives me a good background and a strong cache to build upon. Hopefully all my planning endeavors won't go completely out the window. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment