Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Testing testing

I've been so busy this week! It's been amazing!

Mostly, though, I've been helping getting things ready for the SOL tests. The testing coordinator gets so overwhelmed with paperwork this time of year that she can't do the job all by herself. It's kind of ridiculous. On top of that, I will be trained to administer these tests. Yes, we have to be trained. Every year. More ridiculousness.

On Tuesday, I actually administered a different standardized test, called the DPRs (Degrees of Reading Power). They are somehow supposed to test what grade level students read at, but I'm not sure how accurate they are. I realize I am not an expert in standardized testing, but what makes someone at a fifth grade reading level versus a fourth grade reading level, and can you really assess those minuscule differences by having them fill in the blank with the missing words? (That's all the test was... 70 questions of that. Evidently it's called "cloze.")

Speaking of testing, here is a well-written article about just that to wrap up the week. Horaaaaaaaay Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment