Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

A couple days ago a student in my 7th period asked what I would want my last name to be if I had to pick a different color. It was an intriguing and clever question, and one that I had never heard before. I told her probably Greene, and there was quick tete-a-tete between her tablemates and her about "Oh I would have thought she'd say white," "Told you she wouldn't say hot pink," and things like that. It definitely provided a few moments of amusement.

Today they were in the computer lab to write an essay and one of the girls at that table did actually call me Ms. Greene. I told her that wasn't my name and after brief teasing, she called me Ms. Brown again. Also, one kid from the same class called me Dude today. Dude. I told him not to call me that.

Oh, children.

No comments:

Post a Comment